Adult MSK Physiotherapy Self-Referral
Patients, aged 16 or over, can now refer themselves directly for MSK physiotherapy with Novus Health without needing to contact the surgery first.
Patients need to:
– be over the age of 16
– have experienced MSK problems for more than 14 days
– not be unwell in any other way (other than MSK symptoms)
Patients who wish to start the self-referral process can complete an online form at Novus Health by clicking here or call 01924 224497
What is included?
- All soft tissue injuries such as sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Arthritis – any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons, or bone eg tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, ankle sprains
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid back pain and neck pain
- Spinal related pain in arms or legs including nerve symptoms e.g. pins and needles or numbness
What is not included?
- Acutely Unwell
- Children under 16
- Medical Management of inflammatory conditions
- Womens’ Health, antenatal and post-natal problems
- House bound patients
- Medication reviews for non MSK conditions
- Neurological and respiratory conditions
- Acute Mental Health crisis
- Patients who do not want to see an FCP
- Suspected cancers (i.e. soft tissue/sarcoma)
Minor Eye Conditions Service
Minor Eye Problems?
If you are having a recent problem with your eyes such as soreness, redness or visual disturbances, you can be assessed and treated by the Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS).
This is a free service and you can arrange an assessment by simply contacting one of the optometry practices listed on the back of the leaflet to make an appointment.
This leaflet will tell you more about the service, including how to book an appointment and who is eligible for this service.